6.01.2012

Kicking off the celebration...

Yea! It's officially John's birthday WEEK! You know, the big 4-0! :) I wanted to do something out of the ordinary so I called mom this morning and asked her if she could come over and sit with the kids this afternoon so I could surprise John at work and take him out for dinner. Totally unexpected and he loved it!

We ate at Jane's (Yep, a Groupon!) and it was delicious. We had brunch there years ago and the dinner was just as good. We split the Veggie burger (holy flavor) and Sirloin steak sandwich (which had roasted Poblano and Red peppers.) Seriously delicious. With much earned glasses of wine, of course.

I just love and miss these kind of places that are ALL OVER the city. At Jane's, the original ceiling and brick of the interior is exposed so it was cool to look up and just think how many years ago those nails were pounded in, that mortar was laid. Neat. And...it just so happens to be right across the street from the dealership where John first laid eyes on me. He'll tell ya. I was sitting with my ERAC mentor (Tracy), eating carrots with ranch dip. Ha!


No comments: