6.24.2012

Torch Light 5K

I ran a fun 5K with my girlfriends, Alissa & Margaret, on Thursday in the city. It was a great 3.1 along the lakefront. Mile 2 was hilly up and down the Museum Campus--a great little challenge. Somehow, my last mile was my fastest. Finished in 35:20, which I'm proud of, because I haven't run much lately. The majority of my physical exercise has been biking and hauling 100+ pounds (kids+trailer)! Alissa finished first (of course!) and Margaret was close behind her, as she is training for her first 1/2. It was awesome to high-five each other as they came around the bend and started back towards towards the finish.

We celebrated with dinner on Michigan Ave. on a great patio, with some delicious wine and grass-fed burgers. The whole point of running, right?!

No comments: