3.02.2010

Remembering

A few weeks ago, my Auntie Mary in Nashville posted this old picture on Facebook. I'm guessing Brittany (the adorable toddler with long blonde hair) is about 4 years old--so that would make this photo 14 years old! In between my sister and I is our Aunt Joan, who loved us both immensenly--and passed one year ago today. I know it's especially hard for my mom--I couldn't imagine life without either one of my siblings. But our Auntie Joanie was so special to Britt, Ronnie and I as well and we miss her so much--remember her fondly--and wish we could just pick up the phone and chat like we used to.

Hug and kiss those you love. Always. Every day. For we take for granted the days we are given with them--and sometimes forget what a gift those days truly are--because we expect them to always keep coming.

No comments: