3.01.2009

7 months--and a sippy cup!

Lola is 7 months old today. Where, oh, where has the time gone?! We're going to wake up tomorrow and it's going to be her first birthday party! 

She is trying so hard to crawl. She's a bit frustrated that she hasn't mastered it yet, but we're encouraging her as much as we can. Ideally, I'd love her to hold off until I can get this house back in order (haha!). We've noticed, too, that she's trying to pull up on her Superstar Stage. She loves to feel things and has her hands on everything--including "gentle" pats to our face. And by gentle I mean I have little scratch marks all over my neck! I open her hand and slowly run it over my face and hers when she does that while I say "gentle", hoping she'll eventually get the real meaning of gentle! A not-so-fun development is that she does not appreciate it when you leave the room and she can't see you and oh my does she let you know it! I keep talking to her when she can't see me so she knows I'm there and when I come back in the room, I pop in with excitement. A little bit of separation anxiety Lola does have.

Last night, after dinner, I gave her 2 oz. in a sippy cup. I've tried a few but she has only seemed to like/do well with this one. I'm so excited because I really want her to get the hang of the sippy sooner rather than later. She's shown signs she's ready this week by holding her bottle herself. She surprisingly only got a little milk on her cheeks!

1 comment:

the ditore family said...

i can't believe she's already 7 months old! seriously, time is going by way too fast!