3.30.2009

Dick Biondi Sock Hop

John & I had an awesome night out on Saturday (thanks to Mom & Sam for babysitting!) We attended the annual Dick Biondi Sock Hop at Brother Rice High School. My entire family was there along with some friends and I think it's safe to assume we all had a BLAST! To prove it--my husband who NEVER dances was out there for more than one song...and I didn't have to drag him onto the dance floor kicking and screaming! I also got to dance with my dad to "My Girl" again, which is always fun! And of course, Leah & I were one of the first people on the dance floor. 

Dick Biondi is a living legend. I grew up listening to him on 104.3 as a kid--even though "oldies" is my parents music, I feel like it's mine too because it's what I always listened to (that, and I think I was born in the wrong era!). Dick threw in a history tid-bit before he introduced every song which was really cool--like how a nun broke one of his 45's on the way into a school dance because it was "Devil Music"---the 45 she broke was "Twist n Shout". 

Can't wait 'til next year's Hop! 








No comments: