3.19.2009

Models of St. Joseph


Today is St. Joesph's Day. Joseph was Jesus' earthly father. He was a hard worker, day in and day out, who never complained about the demanding physical labor that consumed his days, let alone taking a woman as his wife who was carrying someone else's child! 

I have a few St. Joseph's in my life. My Papa, my Dad and my husband. They all worked so hard on our stunning new kitchen (pictures of the finished project coming soon, I promise!). It was quite a bit of work to say the least, but not once did they complain. They were meticulous, as usual, and now it looks amazing! But like St. Joseph, they work hard at their other jobs every day, without complaining. And they are ALL amazing fathers, just like St. Joseph was to Jesus. Lola and I are lucky ladies to have the love of these 3 special guys in our lives. 

And to top it off, another great father, John's dad, is coming in this weekend to help us finish things off by painting our place and fixing some dry wall issues we have. I can't wait to see Lola and him together. Unfortunately they haven't spent much time together since we're so far from one another, but I really think there's a sweet, special bond between the two of them. Personally, I think it stems from her napping so peacefully on her Papa's chest the first week of her life!

No comments: