3.02.2009

Auntie Joanie

My Auntie Joanie passed away this morning, after a long battle with emphysema. She was in the ICU last week and was sent home with Hospice. We knew it was coming, but it doesn't make it any easier. My aunt was always nothing but good to me growing up. I have some very special memories spent with her I will treasure forever. I always knew how much she loved me and how she wanted only the best for me. I'm glad she got to know Lola, too. (She knew how badly I wanted a little princess of my own...)

My aunt worked as a dental hygienist since the early '80s and loved what she did. In her free time, she and my uncle loved spending time on their boat or hitting the slots on those other "boats"! She was very crafty and could make just about anything. Window treatments were her speciality (she made our living room valances)--but she could also make other things. When I needed a poodle skirt for a Spring Fling in high school, I knew just who to call on! More than anything though, she loved spending time which her grandchildren. Nothing brought her more joy and she beamed with pride whenever she spoke of them.

She is survived by her husband Jerry, her sons James & Jerry and their wives Katie & Gretchen and her five beautiful grandchildren--Nicholas, Dimitri, Zoey, Sidney & Hallie--her father John, her sister (my mother) Michelle and her brother John.

Please keep my aunt & our family in your prayers...

No comments: