1.01.2008

What a difference a year makes...

A year ago today, John and I found out we were expecting. It was the sweetest way to start off a new year. A week later our sweetness was taken away. I'd like to say 2007 was a good year, but it was full of some struggle and tears. Until Thanksgiving this year when the sweetness returned. And thus far... has stayed. Things seem to be progressing nicely. And I'm so blessed to say I'm 10 weeks pregnant now! With a little tummy to prove it. :)

Many know I'm a huge Madonna fan. There's a lyric to a song off her last album that I kept repeating to myself along the way. Love her or hate her, this is the truth:

"If it's bitter at the start...than it's sweeter in the end."

I truly believe God gives us our challenges, our road bumps, our crosses so that we can see the true beauty of the blessings in life. As much as I'm thankful for my blessings, I can honestly say I'm thankful for the challenges of life as well. It makes it that much "sweeter."

Ok, I'm done being philosophical and reflective for the night. I just couldn't help but take notice of what a difference a year makes.

KRH

No comments: