1.05.2008

Listen to my heartbeat...

Good news: We got to hear our bambino's heartbeat yesterday!

Bad news: It was in the emergency room.

Unfortunately, I'm dealing with a terrible bout of the flu. It started yesterday morning with very painful body aches and progressed to a 101 degree fever. We were worried about the fever more than anything because high sustained temps are not good for baby, especially in the first trimester. After waiting 4 hours (!) to see the doctor, I finally got in. The nurse was able to find the babies heartbeat. It was nice and strong and she even let us listen to it on the stethoscope earphones. I got pumped full of IV fluids at about 1 am and am feeling much better as a result. My fever broke and is staying down for the meantime. So it'll be alot of rest and fluids for me for the next week.

My husband and mom are probably the best non-certified nurses in the greater Chicagoland area. I seriously have no idea what I would have done without their constant care and attention. I'm so blessed.

No comments: