11.04.2010

H.O.M.E.

Mommy & Johnny--31w4d--headed home from the hospital!!!

Yes, you read correctly--I'm home from the hospital! I was supposed to come home tomorrow, but over last weekend, I developed a pretty bad cough/cold, so I lobbied to the docs to get out a few days early, for fear I'd catch anything else. I know I only had a few more days to go, but I was done! They happily and willingly obliged since I had been "rock solid stable" for 4 weeks straight.

So last night, the man of my dreams came and picked me up :) We stopped at Chick-fil-a to grab dinner on the way home, of course! And then when he walked through the door he told Lola "I have a surprise for you!"--and then opened the door a little more so she could see me. She ran out into the hallway and gave me THE BIGGEST HUG. She kept looking at my face, touching it, kissing me and hugging me again--like she couldn't really believe I was actually home! I felt the exact same way.

It's been magical to be back. She has changed SO MUCH I don't even know where to begin--she speaks in full sentences all the time and her hair has grown so much. She's really grown in this short month and I'm sure I notice it more because I've been away for so long. She remembers very well that "Baby Johnny" her "brother" is in my "tummy" still and was excited to blow raspberries on my belly again for him.

Now I just need to continue to take it easy for 2 more weeks! There's no way on this Earth I could have done this without 4 major players--John, Dad, Mom & Sue. Everyone worked together, as a family should, in a time of need. We are so blessed.

There's so many wonderful things to look forward to now--more than anything, Johnny's arrival--but also the arrival of Mom from Florida in just over a week and Titi too, who will be with us the entire week of Thanksgiving.

Life is good--Thank You all for your thoughts and prayers--they've carried us thus far :) xoxoxo

1 comment:

natalie kirby said...

your post made me cry.