11.25.2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Every year, I feel like we have more and more to be thankful for...

Thanksgiving 2010 was wonderful. We never get the chance to spend a holiday with both mine and John's family, so it was great that we could all be together to celebrate this year. The feast we enjoyed was the definition of a joint effort--everyone did something and we ended up with one incredible menu:

Shrimp Cocktail
Turkey
Honeybaked Ham
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes
Stuffing
Cheddar Biscuts
Green Bean Cassarole
Doctored Carrots
Corn
Polish Sausage & Sauerkraut
Hawaian Salad
Mac n Cheese

Mom & I were up at 6 am getting the bird ready for the oven.
Ron helped finish the gravy--I made him put an apron on to protect his clothes and, well, since I was already wearing my red one, there was only one other option! Ha!
He wears pink almost as well as John does :) And the gravy was awesome! Mom picked out a fantastic recipe, as usual.
Kitchen helpers!
Ron & Silvia
Britt & Josh--we were glad he stopped by :)
Mom & I with our girl--all ready to be carved.

We couldn't wait to give her the drumstick. She loved it!




My awesome and delicious plate of food.
Relaxing post-consumption.
Papa & Lola relaxing.
The Zic's came over for dessert and brought 3 bottles of Mascato d'Asti--the were consumed quickly!
This profile of my belly is fantastic--yep, I'm enormous!
Mommy & Me.
Ronnie with Uncle Johnny and Pop Zic.
Johnny & Jessica. We're so proud of our Johnny Zic--graduating ND in the spring with a job waiting for him in Manhattan, yea!
Lola LOVED playing with Uncle Johnny.
Renee worked so hard making tons of cupcakes for today--as usual, they were out of this world. The flavors were carrot with cream cheese frosting and sweet potato with meringue frosting. Mom made an awesome Bailey's cheesecake and I made Williams-Sonoma pumpkin squares. Dessert was just as good as dinner!

No comments: