10.22.2010

30 Weeks!

We are officially in the thirties!!! Yea! John has been patiently waiting for this and we're so excited to have hit it. In just two short weeks from now, our Trio will be back together at home. I feel like the hard part is behind us. The last two weeks were an uphill climb but we've made it and the finish line is in sight. 

I am feeling great! Up 20 lbs. so we know Johnny is growing good! He passed his first official test with flying colors--I had an ultrasound and biophysical profile on Thursday. The cervix is holding steady, he's got good amounts of fluid around him and he is practicing his exercises that help prepare him to breathe in the outside world. The tech even noticed some hair on his head! It's amazing how close you can feel to your unborn child when you get to check in on him thanks to technology :) I love feeling how strong he is in my tummy. I'm trying to savor these moments since I know this is our last pregnancy. 

Things are busy on the homefront. Mom has continued nesting for me, God love her. Papa and Mimi have had her a few times this week allowing Papa H a few breaks from his new full-time gig. John and Dad will be busy painting the playroom & nursery this weekend, so Lola will be enjoying her first sleepover at Grammy & Brittany's house. 

I got to see Lola a few times this week and while I've surprised myself at how I've been able to cope being away from her for this time, I'm already daydreaming about being home with her again. We had a great lunch together on Tuesday and sitting across from her, watching her just eat and be her ridiculously cute self made me feel like I'd won the lottery. 

And lastly, I learned to crochet this week, thanks to my new friend here, the recreational therapist. In three short days, she's taught me enough to get started on making a blanket for Johnny. I'm highly addicted to this new craft. Auntie Joanie always wanted to teach me but we never got around to it. In some way, I feel like she's guiding me a bit. How else could I be this good at it just three days in? :)

No comments: