11.06.2010

New Addiction

I mentioned a few posts ago that I had taken up crocheting while in the hospital--Bridget, the recreational therapist who would come hang out with me for an hour a day, taught me SO MUCH in just two short weeks. I made a big blanket for Johnny and a baby girl hat as my first projects. I had to wait until I got home though to measure Lola's noggin to make her first hat and I couldn't wait.

I broke the rules for a bit today--John took me out to Jo-Ann Fabrics so I could get some yarn. I could spend hours in that store just looking at yarn! Anyways, word on the street is Lola has an adorable black & white coat coming from G.G., so I wanted her to have a perfect hat to match. It's a little big (turns out you're supposed to make it an inch or two smaller than the circumference of the head), but for my first project for Lola, I'm thrilled with how it turned out:


And just a little more sweetness for good measure...

Papa got her an awesome giraffe while I was away--I'm in love with it!

Always on the go, not wanting to sit still for a second...even at 9 pm!

No comments: