11.27.2010

Johnny's Arrival

This adventure started on Thanksgiving night, with my water breaking at 11:15 pm. We hightailed it to the hospital ASAP and arrived at Midnight. I could have had him via elective c-section by 1 am, but oh no, I had to give having him the ol' fashioned way a shot. I really wanted to give it a try--so I did--all day long--until I was screaming (literally) for a c-section at 7 pm. It was all worth it and he arrived at 8:28 pm weighing in at a VERY healthy 6 lbs. 8 oz.
He spent the first few hours of his life with a breathing tube, but only as a precaution--he never needed it and has been breathing great all on his own. We're going to attempt his first feed tomorrow and I'm praying he can do the typical suck/swallow/breathe that full-term newborns can.


No comments: