10.01.2010

Papa is here!

Lola, October 2010, on the patio--shot on Papa's camera phone.

Call me the luckiest girl in the world--I'm not going to correct you. For those of you that DON'T know, I'm now on strict bed rest after a two day stint in the hospital. Basically, I have very little cervix left. It's much, much shorter than it ever was with Lola and is now starting to funnel from the inside--something they worried could happen with Lola but thankfully never did.

You're probably wondering "Ok, so how are you so lucky?" Well--even though we've got this cross to bear, we have been blessed with a Grammy and a Mimi who have been helping out so far every free second they have. I can take care of myself, but we really need someone to be here 24/7 to help with Lola so I'm not getting up to meet her needs every other minute. She is, in my book, the world's greatest toddler, but she still requires Mommy's help with alot.

Enter Dad. He has graciously agreed to come live with us for the next two months (and sleep on our AeroBed) and help take care of Lola. He arrived this afternoon and jumped right in--taking her to the park and for a nice long walk around the neighborhood. He's always been so great with her--we're so glad he could come and help!!! Mom should arrive sometime in early November. They all had planned to be here for a week at Thanksgiving--so travel plans just got bumped up a bit :)

As for Mommy & Johnny--we've hit 27 weeks! One more week and we're officially in the 3rd trimester--we know there's now a very real chance he could come early. We're not thinking that's going to happen--we've VERY positive--but we know it can happen. Though 28 weeks is still very early for a lil guy to be born, I'm going to be breathing a sigh of relief when we hit that next Saturday--as many babies born after that mark due very well long term. I think of my cousin Sue, who was born at 28 weeks 30 YEARS AGO (!) and is so very smart--she teaches high school English, directs an annual play, has a master's in Poetry and her works have been published--not to even mention she has been a huge support to me since going on bedrest, since she endured it with her son--who she delivered at 32 weeks. I think of her and smile and know anything is possible.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Bella too came at 32 weeks. I just know everything will be just fine with little Johnny.