10.16.2010

29 Weeks!




Yea!! Today marks 29 weeks. As you can see from the pictures, Johnny is growing. The ultrasound picture was taken on Tuesday. My doctor did the usual check of my cervix (no change!) and also a growth scan. They estimated his weigh to be 2 lbs. 14 oz.--great size for his gestational age. I am so spoiled with these 4D ultrasounds. And I am sooooo in love with that sweet face. It is going to be such a change having a little boy--and I am bursting with excitement about it. We really think he looks just like Lola did at her 28 week ultrasound.

The second picture is my big belly at 29 weeks, taken just after a delicious dinner from Calypso Cafe in Hyde Park. It was a featured restaurant on "Check, please!" a few years ago and looked so good that we remembered it. Since it's just a few blocks from the hospital we figured no better time to try it. It was awesome! John & I had a wonderful date night just the two of us. Don't worry, we ordered in :)

I'm up 17 lbs. so far. I could easily gain another 15 and still not be close to the 45 total I gained with Lola. I'm interested to see what the final weight is, especially if I go full term. I love every pound I gain. :)

John, Lola and Dad just left. We had a great visit this morning. We went for a walk in the beautiful sun and I got to watch our sweet girl run around. That is the best medicine. She is adjusting so well to me being in here. It is so typical of her chameleon personality. And of course she looked so adorable all dressed up in some new fall clothes, complete with bow in hair. John makes sure she looks extra cute when she comes to visit--just another reason I love him so. It's the little things that make me most happy.

No comments: