10.11.2010

NICU

Today, the social worker for the women's center here at U of C picked me up wheelchair style so I could tour the NICU at Comer Childrens Hospital--just in case. I'm the kind of person that needs to have as much information as possible. Rather than scare me, on the contrary, it reassured me that should Johnny be premature, he's going to be just fine. The NICU at Comer is one of the best in the country--they can care for up to 48 babies at a time if need be. The surroundings are new, modern and very comfortable--something any family spending time in the NICU deserves.

I pray to never see the inside of the NICU again, but if I must, I'm as prepared as possible for what's to come. Everyday Johnny stays inside Mommy decreases the number of days for him in the NICU.

If you're reading this, I ask you to say a quick prayer for the families that are there now....

1 comment:

Traci said...

At 32 weeks Bella only spent 4 1/2 days there. We pray for you and the other families. We know what its like.