10.04.2010

Playroom Design

Even though we wish we could be upgrading to a 3-bedroom house right about now (thanks awesome real estate market!), I'm really excited about re-designing the playroom to accommodate all the goodies that come along with not one, but two children! And while it's not a house, the layout of our condo can't be beat--I love that Lola has her own space to play just off our living room--so she's never out of sight (and thus, stays out of trouble, haha!)

I've decided on the Ikea Expedit after much research. It will fit perfectly with our espresso colored furniture, so the play and living spaces flow nicely...
I'm going to combine storage. Some Ikea...
Some Land of Nod...
Inspiration? Look what some others have done with their Expedits! I'm so excited about this project to come. I'll never be fully organized in life--that's just not my personality. But I'm going to try my hardest, as it's my official resolution of 2011.

I haven't yet decided if I'm going to go with the 4x4 or 5x5 shelf--Lord knows I have plenty to fill the 5x5, just don't know yet if it will overwhelm the room. Looking forward to an Ikea trip sometime in December!

1 comment:

the ditore family said...

HEY, you've already lived with one before- and i'm pretty sure your hubby helped us put it together (we use it as a DVD race) but now toys have been taking over it. And Marc & Lisa have one in their playroom too- that shelf is awesome. REAL tough to move though :)