2.26.2010

Pretty White Shoes


Lola & I headed up to Northbrook today so Mommy could go shoe shopping--not the kind you may be thinking, though. We went for new ice skating boots. I've been wanting to get back on the ice for awhile, so we headed up to Rainbo Sports so I could get fitted, since I seem to have outgrown the last pair I bought 5 years ago. The fitting took almost an hour (it's a little involved to ensure the right fit) and Lola sat happy and content in her stroller the entire time watching. So to thank her for being so perfect, we went to the Kohl's Children's Museum and ran around there for an hour.

The best part of the new boots is that I get to keep my original blade. My dad bought these blades for me over 15 years ago and to this day, they're still one of the best the industry offers. My mom commented that I seem to want to get back into skating every time the Winter Olympics come on. She's right. It reminds me time and again how much I love that sport. I look forward to hitting the rink at 6 am on Saturday mornings again. Yes, I know I'm nuts.

No comments: