2.26.2010

Happy Lent

Well, it's Lent. If you asked me my favorite part about Lent, it'd be the Stations of the Cross on Good Friday. My second favorite. Fish Frys, of course!

Years ago, I used to hang with my Bragie & Papa alot! I loved being their third wheel. I had more fun with them then I did with my friends sometimes. I knew my time with them was limited and I cherished every moment of it. Often, we'd "Go for fish." with their good friends, John & Alice, at the VFW in New Lenox. Well, I quickly grew to love John & Alice and formed a friendship of my own with them. And then through our Pre-Cana, John did, too. Unfortunately, we don't get together with them enough, but tonight we did--at our favorite spot for Fish.

Mrs. Ficker (Alice) gave Lola two gifts--a little red Corvette (that she loved!) and an awesome new board book about Shapes (our favorite topic.)
80 years old. Almost 60 years married. 7 children. Countless Grand-children. And their first Great Grand-child on the way. To be this blessed...
Take this kid anywhere and she's a perfect angel--the entire meal.
A new favorite, french fries.
Hugs for John before we leave.
And a happy little monkey on the way home.

No comments: