2.06.2010

Cribs are for babies.

So, the day we took Lola to her 18 month developmental appointment, she decided to gives us the shock of our lives! We put her down for her nap and decided to lie down ourselves and catch a few Zzzz's because we didn't get many the night before. The next thing we knew, our little person opened our bedroom door and walked right in! John and I flew out of bed and both looked at each other with shocked expressions while we held our hands over our hearts (because they were about to jump out of our chests!)

We put her back in her crib and asked her to show us how she climbed out--without any hesitation, she threw her leg over the railing and began her decent. John promptly disassembled her crib, I moved the changing table into our room, together we moved her dresser away from her window and moved the gates to her doorway and closet.

So far, I'd give her transition a B+. My best girl friend is just getting ready to transition her daughter to her big girl bed, and when she was talking about it I felt bad for her. What on Earth would I do if I couldn't keep my baby in her crib? Turns out you put gates up in their room which then becomes a bigger crib :)

So for now, her crib mattress is on the floor. Eventually, we'll get her a twin, but I don't know when we'll actually put the bed in a frame--she likes to jump on her bed and I figure if it's on the floor, it's not a long way down!

No comments: