9.05.2008

The Best of Week 5

5 weeks old today. Really? Where in the world is the time going?!?!?

We had a great week. We celebrated great Papa Zic's 85th birthday on Saturday and Lola got to meet the rest of her cousins as well at her Great Uncle Johnny & Great Aunt Mary who were in from Nashville! Earlier on Saturday before the party, we had a fun morning at the annual Fall Fest in Frankfort where Mommy bought a fun little something (I promise to post later). When we parked at the fest, the car next to us was a Subaru Forrester and it really caught our eye. We all know how that turned out. We went and bought one on Monday! Lola was a peach and behaved fairly well the 3.5 hours we spent at the dealership. I had no idea what a long and exhausting process buying a vehicle is, since it's the first time I ever have. She really loves the new ride, as do Mom & Dad!

She continues to grow and change by the day. The highlight of my week with her was the 15 minutes we spent playing on the activity mat. She was fascinated by it and was really into discovering all the colors and shapes. She particularly enjoyed starring at herself in the mirror that hangs to the side on one of the bars--typical girl already! It was a very proud moment for me, knowing that she's starting to recognize and respond to the world around her. It makes me incredibly excited about watching her discover all life has to offer her.

We're off to get her first professional picture taken today at the mall tonight. I'm going to try and get one done of her every month, in between the gazillion pictures I take of her at home. Yeah, I'm a little obsessed, but when you've got a cutie like Lola on your hands, how can you resist!?

CLICK HERE to view The Best of Week 5 Slideshow

No comments: