12.26.2008

Christmas 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
We hope you all had as wonderful of a Christmas as we did. This year was so special, for obvious reasons! Getting up on Christmas morning and getting to give our little girl her gifts was so fun! We didn't get her much--she got plenty of toys and other great gifts from all her very generous family--but we each gave her something special that (we hope) she will treasure always. And then together, we gave her a Winnie the Pooh Christmas ornament that we hope will hang on her tree when she's grown and has a family of her own.

We celebrated Christmas Eve at Uncle Jerry & Auntie Joan's and Christmas Day at Uncle Kenny & Auntie Cheryl's. You can see the Christmas Eve slide shows HERE & HERE and the Christmas Day slide show HERE. (I accidentally made two Eve slide shows...Oopps!)

Our first Christmas morning together...
The story behind this book is that I saw it in a little shop on our first anniversary trip up in Michigan. I promised myself when I got pregnant, I would give it to our child. It meant more than you can imagine to be able to make good on that promise I made to myself! The tittle of the book is "Can You Imagine How Much I Love You?" 
John did this all on his own--you may all think I'm the creative one, but he's tough competition. He loves to sing "When You Wish Upon A Star" to her. So he wrote her a little "letter" with the lyrics that will hang in her nursery.


No comments: