1.28.2011

History of Rock n' Roll: Part XVIIII

Last Saturday night, I headed back to high school to watch my cousin/god-daughter Kylie in VJA's annual variety show. That makes 5 Kurek cousins to have graced the stage in this AMAZING show throughout the years. It started with me, then Leah, followed by Tim, Jessica and now Kylie. Leah never really left though--she's been one of the show's main choreographers since she graduated and works with these kids for months to make sure they give their best.

The lights and sounds are what you might expect to see at a professional music show. No joke. The lights are done by a good family friend of my mom's and they do the lights for huge concerts. And the sound--10 piece live band. You really just have to see it to believe it.

(Look to the far right of this picture...the three people standing up are Uncle Ken, Jess and Auntie Cheryl. I was just a few row backs from them!)

That's my girl! First row, far right.

Kylie with Auntie Cheryl, Uncle Ken and Jess.

No comments: