1.01.2011

Coming full circle...

I really can’t let today pass without reflecting on just what it means. 4 years ago today, John and I found out I was pregnant for the first time. But only a week later, I miscarried. It was devastating. There’s no way to sugar coat it. It was one of those times that you cling to your faith with everything you’ve got left. As always, God’s greater plan for our family was revealed to us in time, with patience. And 4 years later, on Johnny’s original due date, it is beyond evident that He has blessed us. And blessed us ABUNDANTLY.

Today is a special day on the Church’s calendar--the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God. So Lola and I decided to get out of the house for a bit and attend Mass. I’ve got to say, for being 2.5 years old, she impresses me with her behavior when we’re there. Yes we have to walk out for a little break. And yes she sometimes bounces around the pew like a ping pong ball. But she’s two, so she can. I was so proud of her this morning when she knelt to pray with me, made the sign of the cross, and said the words to the prayers that she knew. You should have seen her when they started playing “Away in a Manger” (our favorite)--she was so excited!

St. George's altar, dressed for Christmas.


No comments: