10.03.2009

An afternoon in South Bend

He may have graduated 27 years ago, but Uncle Johnny still scores some awesome tickets every year. And he and Auntie Mary are always so generous to share. Brittany and I headed to campus early this morning. We got to witness one of the scrappiest games ever--thankfully, the Irish ended up with the Win. But before we headed to the stadium, we made a few traditional stops:

We parked at Holy Cross. Here I am, giving homage to my beginnings. I wouldn't be who I am without Holy Cross. AVE CRUX, SPES UNICA (Hail the cross, our only hope!) Our twice yearly retreats were called "Spes Unica". I was even honored to be selected as a leader my sophomore year.
The Log Chapel on ND's campus. Beautiful shot, don't you think?

The grotto, where the faithful pray to Our Lady for her intercession. You should see it aglow at night!
Our most beautiful devotion.
Happy sisters. It's hard to believe she's 10 years younger than me. She is so wise beyond her years.
I love the juxtaposition aganist the sky of our two most sacred symbols as Catholics.
The players on their way to Mass--the attend before every game.
God. Country. Notre Dame. (In that order.)
This picture should have sound--the ND drum circle. Best sound on campus-period.

Jesus says: TOUCHDOWN

Asking for her intercession. She answered: Irish 37 Washington 30

No comments: