8.28.2009

Lincoln Park Zoo

I have been wanting to take Lola to the Lincoln Park Zoo all summer, so after her morning nap, we headed downtown. It's amazing how fast we can make it down there when there's no traffic! It was a perfect day--even thought it was overcast, the cool temperature and the soft breeze were quite enjoyable. We both had an absolute blast and the best part--it didn't cost a penny. I'm amazed such an awesome place is FREE. 

I haven't been to the LPZ since I was a Brownie, so it was a whole new experience for us both. Lola loved seeing all the animals, especially the Giraffes and Meerkats. We hiked a little further south of the Zoo to visit the Farm and she really liked the new-born Pigglets. After that, I let her run around and burn off some energy in an amazingly beautiful green space just outside the Zoo. Shortly after, she feel asleep in her stroller and I knew it was time to head back. But just before we got back to the car, I walked through the peaceful Caldwell Lilypond--something that has been on my to-do list. 

You can see all the pictures from our fun day HERE.



She's actually trying to say "fish". She's really good at making the S sound. She does it all the time for "shoes".
Fun with the Meerkats!


Who knew there was a farm in the city?!

She practically started tap-dancing on the drain cover.
Um, when did we get a toddler?! I love to see how big she's getting in pictures.

No comments: