8.05.2009

A Baby In Cloth

I seem to be getting around to doing things I've had on my mind for awhile now that Lola has turned ONE! Before she was born, I seriously considered giving cloth diapers a try. My mom helped talk me out of it and put the fear of an insane amount of laundry into my head. But now that she's not longer an infant and I'm not doing multiple loads everytime I turn around, I thought I could give cloth diapering a try. A few friends I know do it with ease and they each have two children--so how could I not manage?!

Lola and I drove into the city today to pick up some cloth diapers at a great store in Lincoln Square-Be By Baby. Here's a few pictures of what the diapers look like. They work the same way disposables do, you just don't throw them away. I'm looking forward to not having to pick diapers up at Target everytime I turn around! And since she'll be in diapers for at least another 1.5 years, it makes perfect economical sense--which we're all about these days!

These diapers are by Swaddlebees....

1 comment:

Kristina said...

This is soo exciting! I am doing cloth diapers too and although lots of laundry right now for my little one, I am excited to not have mounds of garbage and save a bunch of money...not to mention the obvious environmental impact :)