8.18.2009

A great week!


(Lola kicking back in her new baby pool-compliments of Papa and his tired lungs!)

Lola and Mommy are headed back to Chicago this afternoon. We've been in Florida for the past week so I could attend a convention. It just worked out that the convention was in Orlando which meant not only free babysitting, but free room and board!

I was gone all day Thursday, Friday and Saturday. During those 3 days, Lola had an amazing time with her Florida family. It's so obvious that she is just as in love with them as they are with her. Each of them--Mom, Dad, Renee, Mikey, GiGi--have a special bond with her. I think it's because she spent several weeks with them earlier this month. So when she saw them again this week, to her, it was like she just saw them yesterday. She is so comfortable with them, I never worried about her for a second while I was away.

I can't tell you how much joy it brings to John and I that she KNOWS them. They have plans to come up for Thanksgiving and we'll be back in Florida for 2 weeks to celebrate Christmas and the New Year! It's hard to be away from them, but when we are together, we really make the BEST of it.

The highlight of the week had to be Lola saying "Papa" on her very first day here. And she continued to say it for her Papa. To say all of us melted is an understatement!

No comments: