5.12.2009

Japanese Garden

While visiting Portland a few weeks ago, John & I spent an amazing afternoon taking in the breathtaking sights offered at the Japanese Garden. Nestled in Washington Park, high above the city, this tranquil oasis offers the most calming scenery we've experienced outside of Ireland. I don't suspect our travels will ever take us to Japan, but it felt like we were there that afternoon.

Here's just a sampling of the pictures we took. Every time we turned a corner, I was being "ordered" to "take a picture of that. take a picture of this." Enjoy the beauty of this unique garden...



That's a real Koi pond he's walking in. 


Now that's what I call Yard Art!
I've seemed to have misplaced my husband. Can you help me find him?




I love the elderly. Everyone knows that. So when we stumbled across this "field trip", I couldn't resist a pic.
Reflections. Creative, right?! I think this one was John's idea.


No comments: