4.18.2009

Home-cookings

So, I consider myself a pretty decent cook. I make our little family "home-cooked" meals every night. They're not terribly extravagant, but I can whip up some dishes every now and then that John says "wow" to. 

But then there's my mother-in-law, whom I consider to be THE BEST at-home cook in the world. She learned from the master, Grandma Gracie herself. Like she tells me, she was raised in the kitchen. 

She's been here for two nights so far. And do you know what we've eaten since she's arrived? Last night: A delicious salad with balsamic dressing and shrimp scampi with pasta--very light and fresh. Tonight's dinner: seared rack of lamb with sauteed baby portabellas and roasted sweet potatoes. 

We're about to have skillet apple pie for dessert that she made from scratch with french vanilla ice cream (which John picked up from Sam n Jake's). How much you want to guess that too is going to be insanely delicious!?

You folks in Florida reading this....WE'RE KEEPING HER HERE AND NOT SENDING HER BACK! :)

No comments: