4.21.2009

Cannon Beach & Ecola State Park

Bright and early this morning, we headed west towards the Pacific Ocean. Cannon Beach, our destination, was a very scenic hour and a half drive away from Portland. We arrived at 10 am and headed straight for the beach to see the famous Haystack Rock. While it was a record high 82 degrees back in Portland, it was a brisk and windy 50-ish degrees on the beach. Regardless, it was an incredibly enjoyable morning filled with sunshine and fresh ocean air.


Can you take a guess who Daddy can't stop thinking about?! Mommy neither :) But Daddy is REALLY missing his baby girl. So sweet...


We walked around the town, stopping into countless quaint shops and boutiques. I was able to get a white, porcelain Mary statue to add to my growing collection at a great antique shop. All that walking made us hungry, so we stopped into Cranky Sue's for a bite. Oh. My. Wow! Probably one of the best lunches we've ever had. Amazing Caesar salad followed by fried oysters for John and an insane crab cake for me. Mine came with a side of macaroni salad that was so yummy, John took one bite of mine, I saw the look on his face, and then promptly asked the waitress to bring him his own! 


We drove around for a bit after walking around all afternoon and I had to snap a few pics of the beautiful beach homes. 
We then headed to Ecola State Park, which is at the edge of Cannon Beach. We hiked up and down hills and along Indian Beach to experience the breath-taking sights for a couple hours. A nice little work out! I couldn't resist taking off my shoes and dipping my toes into the (freezing) Pacific blue waters.





Daddy keeps up with the creative name art....


No comments: