2.04.2013

Winter Wonderland Weekend

We has an awesome time up at the lake this past weekend. It was great to get out of town and relax! We were very excited to show Pop what it was all about--and although he had a blast, I think he's looking forward to the lake water being melted (aka Summer!) next time he visits. He may be a native New Yorker, but he has grown quite used to the Florida warmth! He was a good sport and only froze a little :)

We hung out at the Geneva Snow Sculpting Festival and had dinner at Popeye's on Saturday. Then, on Sunday morning, John shoveled Lola & I our own personal rink out on the channel, which according to an ice fisherman was 11 inches thick. Safe and sound. Johnny liked the snow, but was really only happy when Mommy was holding him and spinning him around on my skates. Lola wouldn't come in to save her life. She was in heaven. 

In my 25 years of going up to the lake, this was my first winter visit. Now that it's a year-round place, we look forward to many, many more visits to enjoy the very fun season that is Winter. 

A gift I got Dad & Sue years ago. 
Pops and Beers.
Art on the walls.
Lake Geneva

Popeye's on the Lake--Bloodys for Sue and I with beer chasers.
Waiting in line.
Balloon animals. Papa tipped the nice lady for some extras.





Daddy being a good sport.
Uno.
View from the house.
Bert.
Breakfast time.
First jump into the powder.
Standing out on the channel--so weird!

He is catching up to her so quick!


My man, making me a rink. LOVE!

I would be lost without these.

Snowball fight!

We forgot Ruthie's skates. Opps.

My little Kristi Yamacuchi!
He took a header into the powder.

Isn't that a gorgeous rink?!
I couldn't get over how adorable my boy looked in his snowpants.
Naptime.
Bye-bye lake. We had fun!



Bagels at Boatyard before we go!


No comments: