2.25.2013

Johnny's First Day of School

Well, today, the day came. Johnny went off to "school"--and overall, he did great. Ever since I started back to work 2 months ago, he has become very, very attached to Mommy. He is very aware of the change in our family and let's just say he's let us know he's not trilled about it. Lola went from 3 1/2 to 3 full days of school per week. She was a little upset when I would go to work the first week or two, but now it doesn't even phase her, thank goodness.

Overall, Johnny's teachers said he had a great first day. He cried off and on from time to time, because he missed me, but when we picked him up he was so happy and I swear, he was beaming with pride as we walked out of the building. He had an "I did it!" look all over his face--he knew what an accomplishment today was. And it wasn't just the day--it was all we've worked for since we found out at 2 months old he'd have to work for things.

He is in the 15-24 month room, even though he's 2, because he misses the September 1st cutoff. I'm glad though, because at 2, they don't get their binkies! And he still needs it to sleep. His teachers were very impressed at all he already knew. He shocked them a little when he starting pointing to the alphabet and naming all the letters, haha. Show off.

Shockingly, no tears were shed by Mommy. Mostly, more than anything, I was excited for him. My heart didn't break when I dropped him off--but when he called out for Lola as we left this morning and she cried as she stayed behind with Grammy, realizing he was going to school but not hers, it was very hard. They have become SO close these last 6 months--fantastic playmates. I can't wait for next Fall when he can join her at the Academy.

There goes my hero, watch him as he goes.
 Big sis was so proud of her little brother and couldn't wait to pick him up.
 His first school paper.

No comments: