2.16.2013

3Floyds

Ronnie & John have been on quite the craft beer kick over the last few years. They talk about beers like guys used to talk about cars! One of their favorite spots to hit is 3Floyds in Munster, IN. It's about a half-hour from Tinley and one of the best microbrewery's in the world--people flock from all over the world just to attend their Dark Lord Day.

Attached to the brewery is their gastropub--an amazing restraint with a menu to die for. Tons of small plates are offered to make your taste buds dance. I had been wanting to go myself, so we chose this spot for our Valentine's Day dinner. John got home late Thursday night, so we waited until yesterday to celebrate. He picked me up after work and we went to dine. We then stayed over night at a hotel just down the street from the restaurant--a very nice 18 hour getaway. Huge thanks to Mom for holding down the fort so we could escape for an evening.

The best damn beef jerky I have ever had. And I'm a girl that knows my jerky.
 Another one of my all-time faves--smoked salmon. This was house-cured and it was out of this world.
 Fried rice with wood-grilled praws. Oh my.
 French fries that went perfectly with the malt vinegar on the table.
 Bye 3Floyds. See you again, very soon.

No comments: