11.22.2012

Turkey Trot

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Sue signed her and I up for Orland Park's Turkey Trot (2.5 miles) and it was a gorgeous run this morning.  Much of the course was through the John Humphrey woods, so it was very much like a cross country course, with some decent and challenging inclines. I'm obsessed with trail running. And while I do not like running I LOVE the atmosphere of the race. These short runs don't require any training, but I am looking forward to training for the Rock'n'Roll Half Marathon in Nashville this spring for two reasons 1) The thrill of the race and 2) Getting my body toned again! I was amazed at what the training did for me this past year gearing up for the Princess Half and I can't wait to see those effects again, HA! 

Getting ready to run...proud of our results. 10:37 and 16:44 mile pacing, respectively. 

We meet up with Margret and Adam before the race started. Margret thought she'd stop running after her Half in September. Nope! She ran an awesome 8:30 mile pace.

No comments: