11.19.2012

A sneak peek...

It's hard to put into words how amazing our trip was and how badly it was needed, for many reasons. First and foremost, we miss and love our Florida family and friends so much and hate the miles that separate us. Our time together is always special and full of memory making moments. Usually, it's just in the simple moments, but this trip, we got to make some incredible ones at Walt Disney World as well.

John and I were both coming off extremely busy periods of work, he ramping up for his new position with Chase (and doing an amazing job) and me with photography (think tax season for accountants). None of it could be done without our support system :) I can't help but think of the best line from the movie RETURN TO ME, when the old man says "I'm blessed with work." That we are! But life isn't just about work. And we LOVE to experience the fun joy life holds, especially with our children!

Experiencing Disney with them was nothing short of MAGIC. From the moment you start seeing the signs on the highway that it's approaching, it begins. And not only are you making new memories, but you are reminded of old ones. I was recalling so much in my mind and heart the memories I had of being in Disney World on my first trip when Dad and Sue took us...and then when Mom took Brittany and I for Britt's 13th Birthday...how we laughed as my mom screamed all through Space Mountain (we promised her it wasn't scary, haha!) and also how full circle it was to see Lola carrying the Winnie-the-Pooh I purchased on that trip for the children John and I would have together...we had only been dating 4 months at that time, but I just knew...

Here are just a few of many, many more moments captured this trip. It was a good balance of capturing the moments artistically...while being fully present in them, something we as Mother's sometime struggle with.

Pretty sure I'm going to turn this image into a canvas. Every now and then, John will snatch the camera from my hands and shoot from his perspective. And when he does, the results are always impressive. He took this...I just edited it.

 Our gorgeous "Briar Rose"...
 Waiting for Dumbo with Daddy...
 Disney JOY!
 Up so high!
 Meeting Mickey!
 Uncle Mikey, Papa + Nonna with their loves.
 Can you spot Pop?
 Sometimes this boy looks so pretty in pictures he could pass as a girl! Seriously?!
 Classic.


 High fives for the awesome Disney cast. Ever accommodating.
 Exploring.

No comments: