7.23.2012

Our Captain

John has always loved the way Jeter leads the Yanks. And how he can always be counted on in the defining moments, daily consistent performance and those clutch at-bats. I can't help but look at this picture of a young Jeter and think...that's just how John captains our own team...our family. With quiet, unboasting grace and with consistent performance that would be a safe bet for anyone.

Two weeks ago, he interviewed for a new position with Chase. As with everything he does, he gave much thought and planning during his preparation so that when it was his turn up to bat, he literally knocked it out of the park. Of course we were thrilled when he was officially offered the position, but in my mind, there wasn't a doubt he would be. To say I'm excited to see how well he does in his new role is an understatement.

A true Captain puts himself before the team. When you think about it, it's the Captain who is last off a sinking ship. We are very much a team, he and I, and he often tells me I'm the one leading us. So if that is in fact true, there's no one I'd rather as my Co-Captain and no doubt I could lead without him by my side.

No comments: