10.29.2011

my {brother & sister}

I got two awesome picture texts from my siblings last night. Had to share...

This one is from my brother, making Pizzelles. Pizzelles are Italian wafer cookies that our Bragie & Papa used to make by the hundreds for all of us in the family because we were OBSESSED with them. After Bragie passed, 8 years ago now, Papa stopped making them. Throughout 55 years of marriage, they did everything as a team and I'm sure he just couldn't imagine making them without his girl. A few years ago I asked Papa for Bragie's recipe book, which included the Pizzelle recipe (typed out on an old fashioned typewriter, no less). The other day, Ronnie asked Papa for the Pizzelle press. I took a picture of the recipe card and texted it to him. He said they taste just like we remember. I can't wait to have one--and introduce them to the kids!!!

The next is a picture of my city-living baby sister, all glammed out in her David Bowie Halloween makeup, looking like she's ready to go have a fun time at a party in the city. I'm so happy she is getting to experience living in the city. I think she is beautiful, always, even looking like David Bowie!

No comments: