4.08.2011

Shooting Manual

I just started taking a course with a photographer I very much respect and one we had the joy to work with for Lola's One Year pictures--Rachel Williams of Brisham Photography. At the end of this 4 part course, I will "know" how to shoot in Manual mode on my Nikon D40. It's really sad that I've had the camera for 3 years and haven't come close to using it to its fullest capabilities. Taking a photography course has been on my "to do" list--got to love scratching things off that list.

Right now, I'm just learning how to manipulate shutter speed and let more natural light into the lens. I can get some great light in the nursery and am simply IN LOVE with the shots I can get of our sweet, sweet boy's face. Have you ever seen anything more perfect than him?

I've got alot to learn still, but I can already see my images getting MUCH better. Can't wait to be outside all summer in the natural light!

{manual mode}

No comments: