9.15.2010

Update on Baby Johnny

On Saturday, I turned 24 weeks pregnant--a very important milestone. 24 weeks is the first chance a baby has at survival outside the womb--Lord knows we don't want a little one born that early, but every week after this week the odds are better and better that he'd be ok if born premature. I'm on modified bed-rest again--same as I was with Lola. Though it's alot harder to do with a very active toddler! Thank goodness for the Grandmas--Grammy has been helping out around the house and running errands every chance she gets and Mimi has been taking her out every day she has off. We are so blessed to have help just around the corner.

I have every faith that he will stay in there quite a bit longer like he's supposed to. He's growing great--at my ultrasound yesterday, he measured a bit ahead at 25w (I was technically 24w3d) and he measured in the 67th percentile, estimating his weight at 1lb. 11 oz. He's already as cute as can be, as you can tell from the ultrasound pic. And oh, is he strong! I don't recall Lola being this strong in the womb this early on, but everything seems to happen sooner with the 2nd. I will have to post a belly pic soon--I've got a great bump these days!

No comments: