9.17.2010

Lola's First Dance Class

Today was a day any mommy of a girl dreams about--the first day of dance class! I remember everything about dance class growing up and how much I loved it. While it wasn't as serious a discipline for me as skating and cheer was, it was still an activity I enjoyed so much. Lola is quite the mover and shaker, so imagine our surprise when we found out a dance company in town offered a 2 year old class! Mom offered it as Lola's Christmas gift, so together, we took Lola to her first session this morning and watched our girl shine.

When we arrived, there was an exercise class going on and she kept saying: "Exercise. My turn now. Exercise. My turn now!"

Trying to get a picture together--"trying" being the key word! Ha!
We shopped for her ensemble at Star Dancewear, which was quite sentimental because that's where I used to get my dance things. After I got her all dressed and pulled her hair back, I couldn't help but fight back tears. Her sweet innocence melts my heart to pieces. Just look at her!

Getting a good-bye kiss from Grammy.

Holding hands with new friends.
I was SHOCKED at how well she sat and listened. I fear she might be the kid in preschool who won't sit still!

They sang songs and danced--to many of Lola's favorites!


Ellyana, Lola's best friend, is in the 3-5 year old class right afterwards. Next year, they'll be together. Lola's class is only 30 min. The 3-5 year old is 1 hour, half tap, half ballet--and they get to participate in the year end recital!
Oh, we LOVE wands!
Thanks for a great first class Miss Sue and Miss Debbie.

No comments: