12.05.2009

The Feast of St. Nicholas

Since John is headed back to SoCal tomorrow morning to spend a week at the Ritz (for work, of course), we celebrated St. Nicholas this evening rather than tomorrow morning.

Growing up, my mom always made St. Nicholas so special--it's a tradition I love sharing with her and I love that John is excited about celebrating it, too. I never once hung my stocking for Santa Claus--always St. Nick.

We couldn't wait to give Lola her St. Nick presents--she loves to sit and "read" her books most of all, so she got a bunch of new Christmas books and a beautiful new chair to read them in. She is IN LOVE with her new seat, to say the least.








We've had an Elmo fascination going on in this house the last few weeks. She walks around the house all day long saying "Mel-mo! Mel-mo!" You should see her reaction when we do WebCam with Grandma, Papa & Ti-Ti, and Ti-Ti brings out her old "Tickle Me Elmo"! Lola's going to flip when she sees it in person when we get down there.
Bless my mom. I mentioned to her months ago how I was trying to do as much organic as I could for Lola. So she's always getting her little organic snacks and for St. Nick, organic thermal underwear for when we go sledding.
Someone had fun opening her gifts!
St. Nick was in line at Costco on Black Friday for this gift for Daddy! He really wanted it and I loved watching how excited he was when he opened it. Now he can play good tunes for his participants instead of having to listen to the radio.
Here's my St. Nick gift. No, not the one in the stripped jammies..... :)
...an awesome "tour" of Ireland on DVD. After Lo goes to bed, Mommy and Daddy are snuggling up with this DVD, some hot chocolate and a few Bleeding Heart cupcakes (S'mores and Pumpkin Spice Ganache!)
And finally, Lola watching #2 Alabama defeat #1 Florida! Mommy's not the biggest Tim Tebow fan so this was good!

No comments: