11.10.2008

Easy. Tasty. CHEAP!

As John and I were eating dinner last night, I realized it only cost $5 for us to have a very tasty, healthy, home cooked meal. That's right....FIVE DOLLARS! :)

On the menu was Chicken ($4) with Roasted Carrots ($1):
I took a small roasting chicken (easily fed us 2 with some left over to throw on John's salad for lunch today), rinsed it, patted it try, then rubbed it with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. I also threw 4 garlic cloves I smashed in the cavtiy of the poor lil' chicken. I roasted it at 350 degrees for 1 hour & 45 minutes. (I tented foil over it for the last 30 minutes, didn't want it to burn.)

During the last 45 minutes, I added the carrots to the oven. I took a bag of baby carrots, tossed them with olive oil, sprinkled them with salt and roasted them.

I let the chicken rest for a few minutes before I sliced off the legs, wings and breasts. For the bargain price of $5 and the few seconds it took to put it together, it couldn't have tasted better!

No comments: