8.06.2008

Lola's First Pedi Appointment

On Tuesday morning, we headed out for Lola's first peditrican appointment. We are using a practice that came highly recomended by my good friend Alissa. She has been very happy with how they've cared for Ellyana in the past year and I completely trust her judgement!

When we arrived, I was so impressed to see that not only did they have 2 different waiting rooms (one for healthy kids, one for sick kids) but they also had a newborn waiting area where they had us sit. We walked in and there were two cushioned gliders and a changing table stocked with free formula. I grabbed two cans, just in case, though Lola seems to have gotten the hang of nursing!

We met with the nurse and then Dr. Egland came in to check out our little Lola-Bear. She said her coloring looked great and was impressed when she put her on her tummy that she was already starting to pick up her head. The way she moves it sometimes reminds me of a turtle peeking out from his shell. When she was weighed, we discovered she had gotten up to 6 lbs. 12 oz. She was 6 lbs. 9 oz. when we left the hospital Monday. We go back on Friday for another weight check, but hopefully she'll be back up to her birth weight soon.

The doctor asked if I had any worries or concerns and my only worry was that she seemed to be having a problem latching on to me since we came home from the hospital (which promted me to give her a little formula through the bottle). So the doctor watched her feed and sure enough, she latched on perfectly and nursed for a good 20 minutes. Hmmm...already making Mommy tell fibs! She's a character and we love her to pieces!

No comments: