6.24.2008

Easy Shepherd's Pie

Another great recipe compliments of Real Simple magazine that is, well....real simple! It was so good. I think it'll be less than a week before I make it again!

1 pound ground beef
1/3 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce (I added a few more dashes b/c I go nuts for this flavoring)
8 ounces of frozen mixed veggies, thawed (I used carrots, green beans and corn--it all came together in the same package...and I only thawed them on the counter while I cooked the meat)
1/4 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese (optional, but it was good)
16 oz. package of refrigerated or frozen and thawed mashed potatoes (I just made 4 servings of instant Hungry Jacks)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Brown beef over medium-high heat until no traces of pink remain.
3. Drain fat and return to pan. Mix in ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Add veggies and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
4. Transfer mixture to casserole dish.
5. Mix potatoes and cheese. Cover meat mixture with potatoes.
6. Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
7. ENJOY! :)

No comments: