10.24.2013

Full Circle

I was having one of those full circle moments as I ironed on Lola's insignia to her tunic and looked through old badges I earned with my own troop back in the day. My mom saves EVERYTHING, especially the sentimental stuff. As another example, Lola worked from my preschool reader I had at Noonan because they still used the same stories they used to teach me how to read 25+ years ago! Thank kind of stuff :)

There were a bunch of "fun" patches that never made it on to my sash that I got to look through last night. As I become more of a "crafter" I'm already envisioning putting my old patches on a canvas tote to make my leader bag out of.

I remember camping at Camp Palos overnight, telling ghost stories with flashlights to scare eacher.
I remember how my Dad would take me to the Father-Daugther dance every year...how he'd come to the house, all dressed up, corsage in hand, take me to the event, dance every song with me, and then take me out to a fancy dinner where I could choose anything on the menu (I always chose lobster, of course).
I remember selling calendars (and cookies, too!) to help raise funds for the troop--hmm, maybe that's where I first learned the skills that have made me a successful salesperson!

Once a Girl Scout, always a Girl Scout.

No comments: