12.23.2012

The New Nursery

Yesterday, John and I began the "big switch" as I like to refer to it--we swapped rooms with the kids! Dad + Sue were a huge help--they took Lola to Brookfield to see the Zoo Lights and then kept her over night. Johnny was a trooper, enjoying his movies and helping Mom + Dad out when we needed assistance.

We are so excited about this...we've been considering it for awhile and now, I'm just wishing we had done it sooner. I will share pics of our progress but for now, here is Pooh in his new space:


The theme for the nursery is Vintage/Modern Disney. We already have some great prints and beautiful photography to deck the walls, so it just works. The wall color would work great for a boy/girl shared space, but we're going to give it a fresh coat of a very faint gray, so all the pops of color the art and photography will mix in will blend well.

Additionally, we're going to add bunk beds. This will REALLY open up the floor space even more. We're just not quite ready to have Johnny out of his crib yet, though I think he will transition perfectly. He is an ace sleeper.

Finally, you can't see it yet, but we put their dresser in the huge walk in closet in the room. I saw the idea on Pinterest. I thought it was genius, so I quickly grabbed my tape measure and took some measurements...you can just picture the happy dance I did when my inches told me it'd be a perfect fit. What a way to free up floor space!

No comments: