10.07.2012

ND vs. Miami

What an AWESOME and IRISH weekend we had! A bunch of John's buddies from Florida game up for the ND/Miami game at Soldier Field this weekend. It was so awesome to see them all. The Irish won, 41-3--5-0 on the season, 12-0 at games played in Solider Field...and #7 in the country as of Sunday morning. 

Mimi + Papa watched the kids Friday night so we could head down to the ND Pep Rally at Millienium Park. How awesome to hear the greatest university band in the country at such a great venue. Had to get a picture of this sign for Mom...representing our Irish roots....

I love you, Mickey McCormick!
 ND Nation at the "Bean"

 Soooo great.
It was the changing of the guards on Saturday! Mimi watched the kids while I had two family sessions in the morning...I was home for a few hours, enough to get lots of snuggles, hugs and "I love yous" in with the kids...then Grammy came so I could head down to the city to meet up with the guys and Brittany to take in the game. Huge thanks to my sis for scoring her and I some great tickets last minute!

Gameday ready in my Hunter blue and gold sweater.
 A blustery wait at the gorgerous new Tinley metra station.
Walking over to Solider Field, I passed Columbia on the way. The fashion students had some work on display in the windows. I took a picture because this dress was strikingly in Jackie style....and then I looked at the sign below the dress. JKO :)
One of these is not like the other---John has become a true IRISH fan as I have become a Yankees fan :) Jason "Ox" Kirk sported a Johnny H original...His shirt read "Kiss my Blarney Stones." The ladies of Team Peck did an amazing job crafting the LeperCane outfit!

 John's ticket...and mine. His seats were just a tad closer, ha!

 View from the guys seats...
 And from ours. LOVED our view. We could see every play, it was great!
 125 years of IRISH football!!!

 Fireworks to kick it off.
 The band "Chicago" made a cameo with the ND marching band.
 4th Quarter, almost over.
 The majority of the Miami fans had gone by this time :(

 Shamrock Series logo.


No comments: