2.28.2012

Happy Birthday, Mom!

When I realized the Disney Princess Half Marathon was going to fall on Mom's birthday weekend, I invited her to join me on the little weekend getaway. It's been years since she visited Florida, the last time being when John and I had just started dating and Mom, Britt and I went down to celebrate Britt's 13th Birthday at the Magic Kingdom and Discovery Cove to swim with the dolphins.

We boarded the plane Thursday morning. Thankfully we got out in time before they canceled all flights in and out of Midway later in the day. To quote Mom after we took this picture: "How cute are we?!" Yes, I think so :) Matching too, without even trying.
Ronnie told Mom to soak up the sun, so we were sure to get a picture of her doing just that!The Ladies lunched at Briar Patch on Park Ave. to celebrate her birthday. Delicious, as always. The Bellinis and Mimosas were flowing.
The Grandmas gifted Lola & Johnny with adorable Easter outfits from Tugboat & the Bird, my favorite little boutique on Park Ave.

Mom made a delicious pasta dinner to fuel Ren and I for our big run, and then we indulged in a chocolate cake Mom made and Ren frosted (Bailey's Irish Cream Buttercream, yum!)
I think the Birthday girl enjoyed it all!!!

No comments: